The Big Move


I've moved to the other side of town. The place is called Gärdet and it's a great area to live if you have small children because there are plenty of green areas and beautiful waterfronts to enjoy.

What makes it even greater is that the other day I discovered that one of the museums we live close to, the Museum of Ethnography, runs a cafe (see picture) that sells organic food and snacks. It's such a little cozy place with a special play area for children and funky lamps. They even sell organic coca cola, which I bought as part of a birthday gift to my parents who will be in town at the end of the week (more on that later).

While unpacking my 70 plus boxes after we'd moved, I also found some time to unwrap a parcel I received from Organicbeautynow. The company operates from the US but was kind enough to ship my order overseas. My order included Lovely Lavender Cream from Karen's Botanicals, Baby Balm and Night Night Balm from Badger, and Youth glow omega 3 complex from Mambino, which is my favorite so far. The lovely Tara from Organicbeautynow also sent me samples of some of the other products they are selling, such as the Shea Leave In from Hamadi. The product is both for the hair and the body, which is great if you're in a hurry like I'm these days trying to get ready for work with two small children in the house.

I love organic products and I don't understand why people continue to buy the cheap, mass-produced ones when there are so many cool natural products on the market. I really encourage every one of you to start throwing out your Niveas and Doves after reading this and, if you need an extra kick in the right direction, go and rent the Swedish film the Submission which is about the 100,000 chemicals we use every day, what they're used for and what they do to our health.

Until next time, live green!

Comments

Popular Posts