A sweet challenge

Sooo good and healthy!
White flour and sugar do the same to our bodies as fossil fuels do to our earth. The food make us sick. I know it's a sweeping statement but it seems like most nutritionists and doctors agree on this one; that we should eat less refined or processed foods and focus more on whole foods such as vegetables, fruits and whole grains in order to keep fit and avoid an early grave.

With this in mind, I've decided to challenge myself by making healthy sweets/snacks/desserts that have none of that stripped-of-all-nutritions white in them. The reason why I'm doing this now is because I've noticed that I've started to fall for the social pressure of bringing unhealthy snacks along to outings with friends and my children's activities. First of all, there's nothing that's more irritating than succumbing to social pressure and secondly, and more importantly, I don't want to give my children a bad start in life by feeding them unhealthy snacks. Besides, there are so many incredibly gorgeous and healthy recipies out there that have none of the bad stuff in them.

This week, for instance, I found this amazing recipy that is most defintively going to give you a better concience next time you grab for the cookie jar. They were so easy to make and I had no problem giving them to my kids knowing all the healthy goodies they contained.

Muesli squares:
  • 3 dl muesli
  • 3 dl sunflower seeds
  • 3 egg whites
  • 2 dl dried figs or apricots
  • 2 dl grated coconut
  • 1 dl dried blueberries or cranberries
  • 150g dark chocolate (70 percent)
Mix all the ingredients, except the chocolate, in a food processor. Form the mixture into a square cake, 25 by 35 cm, on a tray with parchment  Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 min. Melt the chocolate and pour it over the cake. Let it set in the fridge and cut into squares, 5 by 5 cm.

You're going to love them. I swear! Ps! I'll share a new recipy with you next week.



Comments

Popular Posts