When saying "I'm sorry" no longer works


I'm sorry for not having written in awhile. The reason is because I've felt quite overwhelmed by all the news being published ahead of the Climate Summit in Copenhagen. I've also felt that my blog has lacked a real focus and I've been asking myself what I want it to achieve. Luckily, I had a visit of a friend this weekend who suggested that I focus my blog on what I do in my daily life to live more environmentally friendly. I really liked his suggestion. So, I'm going to follow his advice with the hope that I might inspire myself and others to live greener along the way.

So, I hope my long-winded apology is accepted (by my three followers!)... but what if you are a top politician of today and you are forced to say "I'm sorry" in ten or twenty years from now because you failed to deal with the climate crisis? Greenpeace has created some attention-grabbing posters that are displayed at airport in Copenhagen. The posters depict today's politicians ten years from now with the quote saying: "I'm sorry. We could have stopped catastrophic climate change...We didn't."

I hope this stark message hits home because if the climate issue isn't dealt with properly today it will be too late to say "I'm sorry" in the future.



Comments

Popular Posts